Comprehensive, Interactive Classroom & Online Training
Extensive hands-on & Practical, skill-based approach
Internationally acclaimed Subject Matter Expertise with 25+ years of Industry and Training Experience
Course Designed According To Corporate Requirements
The CompTIA PenTest+ Certification course is ideal for:
- Security Analysts
- Penetration Testers
- Vulnerability Testers
- Network Security Operations
- Vulnerability Assessment Analysts
- Application Security Engineers
Candidates applying for this course must have:
- Intermediate-level knowledge of information security concepts, computer networking concepts and common security technologies
- CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501) or equivalent knowledge (not mandatory)
- Hands-on information security experience
This training on CompTIA PenTest+ Certification will train you on how to:
- Use various tools to gather information and analyze basic scripts and output (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results
- Understand and explain the key aspects and planning of compliance-based assessments
- Mitigate risks and recommend mitigation strategies for vulnerabilities
- Write precise reports and apply cybersecurity best practices
- Analyze wireless, application, network and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Summarize physical security attacks and perform post-exploitation techniques
About the Certification
Candidates are awarded the CompTIA PenTest+ Certificate after successfully clearing the CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002 certification exam.
The CompTIA PenTest+ Certificate is valid till three years from the date of passing the examination. Candidates can take the recertification exam or earn 60 continuing education units (CEUs) to renew their certificate.
About the Exam
Question Type: Performance-based & multiple-choice
No. of questions: 85
Exam duration: 165 minutes
Passing criteria: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
Testing provider: Pearson VUE
Planning and Scoping - 14%
Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scanning - 22%
Attacks and Exploits - 30%
Reporting and Communication - 18%
Tools and Code Analysis - 16%
- 5 days Instructor-led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured Training Material
- 24*7 Leaner Assistance And Support
- Compare and contrast governance, risk, and compliance concepts
- Explain the importance of scoping and organizational/customer requirements
- Demonstrate an ethical hacking mindset by maintaining professionalism and integrity
- Perform passive reconnaissance
- Perform active reconnaissance
- Analyze the results of a reconnaissance exercise
- Perform vulnerability scanning
- Research attack vectors and perform network attacks
- Research attack vectors and perform wireless attacks
- Research attack vectors and perform application-based attacks
- Research attack vectors and perform attacks on cloud technologies
- Explain common attacks and vulnerabilities against specialized systems
- Perform a social engineering or physical attack
- Perform post-exploitation techniques
- Compare and contrast important components of written reports
- Analyze the findings and recommend the appropriate remediation within a report
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process
- Explain post-report delivery activities
- Explain the basic concepts of scripting and software development
- Analyze a script or code sample for use in a penetration test
- Explain use cases of the following tools during the phases of a penetration test
Mr. Ammar Elkaderi
Mr. Kiran Raghavan
CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both multiple-choice and hands-on, performance-based questions, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. It is an intermediate cybersecurity certification that mainly focuses on penetration testing and vulnerability assessment.
This is a 5-day course and covers all the topics necessary to pass the PT0-002 PenTest+ exam.
This certification is unique because it demands candidates to demonstrate knowledge and hands-on ability to test devices in environments such as mobile and the cloud in addition to the traditional server and desktop.
Yes, Vinsys offers you a certificate once you successfully clear the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam.
The CompTIA PenTest+ certificate is valid for three years.
You can renew your certificate by taking the recertification exam or earning 60 CEUs by performing various qualifying activities.
Vinsys is a training provider for professional courses and is well-known for innovative training methodologies including major focus on skill implementation above knowledge sharing. The trainers are highly experienced and with so many real-world examples, the training ensures success in certification exams.