Authorized Training Organization (ATO) for MS Project Training
Accredited courseware & In-depth concept learning
Experienced, professionally certified trainers
Flexible training hours
This course on Microsoft Project Certification is best suited for:
- Project Managers / Senior-level Managers looking for a career in scheduling, tracking, planning, and reporting
- PMO personnel
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Engineering Process Group Members
There is no prerequisite for this course as such. Strong willingness to learn is enough
Through this course, candidates will get to learn how to:
- Use MS Project efficiently to create and maintain project goals as well as schedules
- Create deadlines, constraints, dependencies, and task completion calendars
- Work within available resources and estimates
- Track and share project status reports
- Manage multiple projects successfully
- Clear the MS Project certification exam successfully
The benefits of Microsoft Project Certification training are obvious and recognizable by any modern age employee. As most businesses depend on Microsoft Suites for their processes and projects, they are deemed to hire expert professionals who are technically certified in MS Project.
Project Managers with a certification in MS-Project are highly looked upon due to their acquired skills through the certification training and practical exposure. Therefore, to bag an opportunity in today’s competitive world, Microsoft Project certification is a must.
Vinsys offers a well-structured, process-driven MS-Project training that comprises accredited, up-to-date courseware, extensive hands-on, and proven training methodologies delivered by professionally Microsoft certified trainers. We help you gain the knowledge and skills that enable you to perform excellently in Microsoft projects.
- 2 days Instructor-led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 leaner assistance and support
- The project, Operations, Programs, Portfolio, and their management
- Enterprise Project Management
- PMBOK Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
- Expanding Role of Project Manager and need for a tool like MS Project
- Establishing Schedule Framework
- Creating, optimizing, and baselining schedule
- Schedule Maintenance – Updating and monitoring and controlling Changes
- A brief introduction to the Critical path method
- MS Project Desktop Client (Professional/Standard)
- MS-Project Server (On-premise Cloud)/Project Online (MS hosted cloud)
- Project Web App (PWA)
- MS Project Desktop Client organization
- Explore User Interface – Ribbon, Tabs, Groups, Quick Access toolbar, Backstage view and Project Options, Status bar, View bar, etc
- Navigating tips, use of shortcut menus, short cut keys, finding help, etc.
- Explore various built-in and custom views
- Effective use of various views and split view for typical tasks.
- Types of Schedule Constraints and potential scheduling conflicts
- Impact of scheduling constraints and deadlines on scheduling flexibility within the dynamic schedule model
- Appropriate use of scheduling constraints, deadlines, and task calendars to model various situations.
- Methods of creating deadlines and constraints using MS-Project.
- Various ways of creating a schedule e.g. Schedule from scratch, template, similar project, SharePoint task list, etc.
- Importance of defining appropriate project options
- Updating project information and choosing scheduling regime
- Understand different calendars and create the appropriate project and task calendars
- Importance of creating good WBS
- Checks to ensure completeness and correctness of WBS
- MS Project features to help create and maintain WBS
- Creating and organizing task lists in WBS
- Various types of tasks
- MS Project features in moving and organizing tasks
- Estimating task duration and work
- Tasks types and their impact on schedule calculations
- Determining task dependencies
- Methods for linking and unlinking tasks in MS Project
- Dynamic links and hammock tasks
- Determining critical path before resource loading
- Types of resources
- Define resources
- Types of costs associated with resources and tasks
- Resource calendars
- Modifying resource availability
- Assigning resources and budget resources to tasks using various methods
- Team Planner view
- Duration, Units and Work Relationship, effort driven and non-effort driven scheduling and modifying assignments
- Replacing generic resource with actual resource
- Displaying task costs
- Optimization for times
- Optimization for time and cost
- Optimization for time, cost and resources
- Various techniques for schedule optimization using what-if scenarios
- Resource leveling – manual v/s automatic
- Resolving fragmented critical path
- Baselines and interim plans
- Creating and updating and removing baseline.
- Displaying multiple baselines in the chart
- Tracking progress and task and assignment level
- Various fields used in tracking project schedule and costs
- Types of % complete
- Using what-if scenarios to bring schedule back on track
- Use of Task Inspector
- Rescheduling remaining work
- Formatting individual task and group of tasks using color, font, etc.
- Use of filters, highlight filters, and groups to display information as required
- Gridlines, Progress lines and formatting timescale
- Task path feature
- Drawing objects
- Custom fields
- Types of reports
- Visual Reports
- Customizing reports using report design tools
- Creating custom reports
- Methods of sharing information among stakeholders and projects
- Use of Global template and Organiser
- Use of Import/Export to share Quick Access Toolbar and ribbon customization
- Use of views and snapshots to share information
- Printing project schedule
- Timeline view for high-level reporting
- EVM Fundamentals
- EVM Reports and tables
- Sub Project and Master Projects
- Resource Pool Project
- Sharing Resource among projects
Yes, Vinsys provides course completion certificate once candidates complete this training.
There is no eligibility criterion for applying to this course.
Project Managers, senior-level managers looking for a career in scheduling, tracking, planning, and reporting, PMO personnel, Quality Assurance Managers, Engineering Process Group Members and all those interested in Microsoft certification can apply for this course.
MS-Project is an appreciated course in the field of project management and adds great value in you profile. Almost all businesses utilize Microsoft programs and certified MS-Project professionals are in huge demand.