This year, Autodesk is focusing on various new techniques to manage different parts and components that are the same to each other while utilizing model states. They really have worked hard on constant progress for the seamless interworking of Autodesk Inventor, Fusion 360, and Revit.
Updates in the Autodesk Inventor 2022 are highly user-centric and advancements to make you work on design flows faster and lower down the duplicate work.
New Functionalities of Autodesk Inventor
Autodesk Inventor 2022 adds a new power workflow called Model States. You can now make multiple sections or assembly in a single document. New workflows offer an easy way to design, manage, and create your projects. Since there are variations in files, you don’t have to worry about unassociating it.
You can utilize the advanced model states for production stages, product groups, flexible or customizable parts. Each model state has various dimensions, parameters, iProperties, functionalities and elements.
Part File Model States
Use parts model states to gather the process of manufacturing, create parts groups, create flexible and customizable parts, or create easy parts versions.
Each model state can have its own properties, functionalities and parameters.
Sheet metal parts can leverage the benefits from model states. With the model state, you can make configurations with new folded elements and patterns.
Assembly File Model States
Use Assembly Variation, Family of Elements, Assembly Steps, Assembly Level Features, Options, and Assembly Model State to create simple assemblies.
Drawing File Model States
When creating a drawing view, you can select a model state. The section list shows the selected members of their model state and iProperties.
The view diagram created from the optional model state shows the state of the optional part of the view.
The level of detail used by previous Inventor release files has been changed to model mode.
1. Part Enhancements:
The fillet command is changed to the property panel and is bifurcated in three commands i.e Face Fillet, Full Round Fillet and Fillet. Legacy fillets are now relocated to appropriate types. The names of the legacy fillets do not change during migration.
2. Feature Dimensions:
The feature dimensions are enhanced and displayed with expanded guides to give a clear picture of the feature and its impact on the model before and after creation. Legacy dimensions are updated at the time when parts are working in inventor.
3. Surface Mode:
Updated the Extrude property sheet to make the Surface Mode options clearer. The default extrusion type is Solid. You have to turn on surface mode to expel surfaces and turn off surface mode to expel solids. Surface mode settings are saved as part of the preset.
Newer browser options enable you to rapidly find under constrained elements. The constraint position is now showcased to indicate any of the three positions with the following icons.
A hollow-point showcases that the factor is limited and needs attention. To solve it, initiate by opening the Edit Constraint dialog box to find possible problems.
The dash indicates that the finite position of the element is unknown. Reorganize the assembly to rectify this situation.
You can also use the New Display Preferences menu option to completely hide restrictions or show the status of restrictions.
Hide Fully Constrained: Display only those elements that have constraint issues.
Show Constraint State: Showcase all constraint status
5. New Simplify Command:
The new simplified command is replaced with the shrink-wrap and its alternate commands. With simplification to facilitate collaboration and downstream use, you remove components and features from complex assemblies.
New Simplify Command: Advantages
- Uses properties panel to make the workflow streamline and waive off switching between pages with dialog tabs.
- Offers four built-in presets, along with the functionality to create own. Assign a value to a field in the Pre-Set Properties panel. You can redefine any value.
- Save the assembly as a new part, optional model state, or Revit (RVT) model.
- Enhanced and expanded feature detection, enabling pocket depth screening, removal of embossing functionalities, tunnels and cavities.
- Simplify is built into the RVT export command, waiving off the need to run tasks individually.
6. Update Substitutes:
You do not have to utilize check the update command for coordinating an alternative with assembly source. When a part expires, it now shows a familiar update icon in the output module. You can update the section if needed, or open the section and disconnect from the source to prevent updates.
7. Instance Properties:
This new feature allows you to assign properties to instances of single elements. The set properties are stored in the parent collection. You can use the instance properties in balloons, material bills and leader notes.
Use Instance properties to:
- Replace the custom iProperty value for the library element (Content Center).
- Add schematic diagram tags to components in the 3D model and utilize them in creating a document.
- Identify the location of each component in the shipping crate or in the configuration.
- Separate individual copies in specifications and BOM and add specific information. For example, the arrangement of components or the possibility of replacing components.
- Add a custom ID to each component or component instance and use it to override balloons in assembly drawings.
8. Drawing Enhancements:
The shaded image display has been modified to use the model’s style.
The view of the shaded image, including the cached view, is updated when the light source of the model changes.
After altering the model’s lighting, select an image view or zoom the sheet to upscale all views. If the drawing doesn’t open when you open it again, the view will update unless you delay drawing.
Added option to get camera view and 3D annotation for image view.
9. Dimension Enhancements:
The centerline and the center mark with the additional line now break when they intersect the dimension. This improvement helps in seamlessly viewing the value of dimension.
Dimensions are positioned on the centerline or mark.
At the time of sending an Inventor file to RVT file, the Simplify command is used to create the RVT file, allowing the individual to choose only the elements and features needed for the Revit design.
11. Inventor File:
Added a new workflow to Autodesk Inventor that creates a section for sharing files with the Fusion and Fusion 360 teams.
Once a file is uploaded to a Fusion team project, it can be opened in Fusion 360 and run in any of the Fusion workflows.
An advanced command is added to the Environment tab to bypass the desktop connector and send your details files to Fusion team directly.
12. Export to QIF (Quality Information Framework):
QIF is an open ANSI and ISO CAD standard format that contains PMI (Product Manufacturing Information) semantics and other metadata.
It is perfectly fit for both human and machine-readable MBD (Model-Based Definition) data.
13. Productivity Enhancements:
The gauges have been enhanced to use the properties style of panel and are ready and restarted to boost flow of work and productivity.
14. UI Themes:
The Dark UI theme is transitioning from a pre-release state to official availability on UI Inventor.
Autodesk Inventor 2022 is power-packed with various advance updates and enhancements which can ease the design process and boost the workflows of connected engineering. Autodesk has successfully managed to deliver the best values in this update. You must check our corporate trainings on Autodesk Courses –
- Autodesk Inventor 2022 on Sheet Metal Design
- Autodesk Inventor 2022 on Introduction To Solid Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor 2022 on Fundamentals For CAM Users
- Autodesk Inventor 2022 on Advanced Part Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor 2022 on Advanced Assembly Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor 2022 on Introduction For Experienced 3D CAD Users , that can help you in getting the in-depth knowledge about inventor’s advanced features and functionalities.
Get in touch with us today!
- Agile Management (19)
- Announcements (53)
- Autodesk (9)
- AWS (20)
- Certified Ethical Hacking (9)
- Cisco (6)
- Citrix (1)
- Cybersecurity (50)
- DevOps (1)
- Employee Stories (1)
- Enterprise Architecture (3)
- ISO (15)
- IT Governance (3)
- IT Service Management (22)
- Microsoft (16)
- Open Source (5)
- Project Management (50)
- Quality Management (11)
- SAP (8)
- Soft Skills (15)
- Translation Services (18)
- vmware (3)