The CISSP Practice Test questions are designed as an international standard for learners working in the security field, including those involved in designing, implementing, and evaluating information security programs. CISSP Certification exam aims to certify that you have the skills and knowledge necessary to plan, implement and oversee a top-notch cybersecurity program.
The full of CISSP is Certified Information Systems Security Professional is a certification offered by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2 with a broad spectrum of topics included in the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®). It certifies that the CISSP certification holder has extensive knowledge and expertise in information systems security.
Frequently Asked Top 20 CISSP Exam Questions & Answers
1. The State Machine Model” security model mandates that a system must be protected in all of its states (Startup, Function, and Shutdown), or else the system is not secure. This requirement necessitates responding to security events so that no further compromises can be successful. This method of response is an example of what security concept?
a. Open Design
b. Closed design
c. Trusted recovery
d. Least Privilege
2. The Heartbleed virus recently compromised OpenSSL because versions of OpenSSL were vulnerable to memory content read attempts, which ultimately led to the exposure of protected information, including service provider private keys. Many practitioners believe that open design is better than closed design. What is one consideration usually necessary to allow an open design to provide greater security?
a. Peer Review
b. security through obscurity
c. The complexity of design
d. Trusted hierarchy
3. When using private keys, a security concern is that a user’s private key may become lost. In order to mitigate this risk, a practitioner may select a key recovery agent that is able to back up and recover his keys. Granting a single individual the ability to recover users’ private keys increases non-repudiation risk because another party has key access. Which principle choice could be implemented to mitigate this risk?
a. Segregation of duties
b. principle of least privilege
c. Dual control
d. Need to know
4. At what BCP development phase must Senior Management provide its commitment to support, fund, and assist the BCP’s creation?
a. Project Initiation
5. What is the most proactive (and minimum effort) way to mitigate the risk of an attacker gaining network access and using a protocol analyzer to capture and view (sniff) unencrypted traffic?
a. Implement a policy that forbids the use of packet analyzers/sniffers. Monitor the network frequently.
b. Scan the network periodically to determine if unauthorized devices are connected. If those devices are detected, disconnect them immediately, and provide management with a report on the violation
c. Provide security such as disabling ports and mac filtering on the enterprise switches to prevent an unauthorized device from connecting to the network. Implement software restriction policies to prevent unauthorized software from being installed on systems.
d. Install anti-spyware software on all systems on the network.
Also Check , CISSP Exam Books and study material 2023
6. Confidentiality can be breached via social engineering attacks. Though training is helpful in reducing the number of these attacks, it does not eliminate the risk. Which of the following choices would be an administrative policy that is most likely to help mitigate this risk?
a. Formal onboarding Policies
b. Job Rotation
c. Formal Off-boarding Policies
d. Segregation of Duties
7. Specific system components determine that system’s security. The trust in the system is a reflection of the trust in these components. These components are collectively referred to as the __________ of the system.
a. Ring 1 element
b. Trusted Computing Base
c. Operating System Kernel
8. Whenever a subject attempts to access an object, that access must be authorized. During this access, the set of conceptual requirements must be verified by the part of the operating system kernel that deals with security. The conceptual ruleset is known as the __________, while the enforcement mechanism is referred to as the ____________
a. Access Control List, Security Enforcer
b. Security Enforcer, Access Control List
c. Reference Monitor, Security Kernel
d. Security Kernel, Reference Monitor
9. A fundamental security principle is that security controls must be aligned with business objectives. Based on the impact security has on an organization’s success, why is the concept of business alignment important?
a. There is always a trade-off for security, so an organization has to weigh the cost vs. benefits of the security measures.
b. security is cheap and easily implemented compared to the potential for loss. Security should be implemented everywhere possible.
c. security is so important that every organization must implement as much as possible.
d. Security is too costly to implement in small organizations.
10. A system’s minimum security baseline references a system’s least acceptable security configuration for a specific environment. Prior to determining the MSB, the system must be categorized based on its data’s Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability needs. When evaluating a system where the potential impact of unauthorized disclosure is “high,” the impact of an integrity breach is medium, and the impact of the data being temporarily unavailable is low, what is the overall categorization of the system?
11. While evaluating a system per the TCSEC and the more recent Common Criteria, Trust and Assurance are two elements that are included in the evaluation scope. Which of the following choices best describes trust and assurance?
a. Trust describes how secure the system is, while assurance describes performance capabilities.
b. assurance describes how secure the system is, while trust describes performance capabilities.
c. trust describes the function of the product, while assurance describes the reliability of the process used to create the product.
d. Assurance describes the function of the product, while trust describes the reliability of the process used to create the product.
12. In 1918, Gilbert Vernam created a means of providing mathematically unbreakable encryption by using a one-time pad that served as a key. Which modern encryption technology is based on the ideas implemented in the Vernam Cipher?
a. Asymmetric Cryptography
b. Digital Signatures that provide authenticity
c. The handshake process used by IPSec and numerous other frameworks
d. Session keys
13. During World War II, the Germans used the Enigma machine to exchange encrypted messages. It was a rotating disk-based system that used the starting rotor configuration as its secrecy mechanism. When the original system was compromised, the Germans added a fourth rotor to exponentially increase the complexity necessary to break the code. This concept is seen in the relationship between ___________.
a. AES and Kerberos
c. RSA and DSA
d. RSA and DSA
14. A user receives an email that they believe in having been sent by a colleague. In actuality, the email was spoofed by an attacker. What would security services have indicated that the message was spoofed?
15. In mail messages, the contents of the message are often encrypted by a symmetric algorithm, likely AES. Non-repudiation, however, is obtained through a combination of hashing and an asymmetric algorithm. How is non-repudiation accomplished?
a. By encrypting the document with the sender’s private key, then hashing the document
b. By encrypting the document with the sender’s public key, then hashing the document
c. By hashing the document and then encrypting the hash with the sender’s private key
d. By hashing the document and then encrypting the hash with the receiver’s public key
Also check, CISSP Study Tools and Resources
16. A hash should not be able to be reversed to reveal the source contents of the message or file. What provides this secrecy in a hashing algorithm?
a. A public key
b. A private key
c. One-way math
d. A digital signature
17. What is a birthday attack?
a. An attack on passwords based on the idea that many users choose weak passwords based on personal
Information such as birthdays.
b. A logic bomb that triggers on the date of the attacker’s birthday.
c. An attack that attempts to find collisions in separate messages.
d. An attack that focuses on personnel databases in an attempt to compromise personal information for the purpose of identity theft.
18. If a Layer 1 network issue has caused the lack of communication between hosts, which choice would be the most likely cause?
19. The Data Link Layer (layer 2 of the OSI Model) has two sublayers. The first is MAC (Media Access Control), and it provides a means for determining which system or systems can have access to the transmission media and be allowed to transmit at any given time. Ethernet uses the second method called CSMA/CD (Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Detection.) What does CSMA/CD imply?
a. Ethernet environments avoid collisions by detecting their likelihood before transmitting.
b. Ethernet environments only allow an individual host to access the cable at any given time and are capable of detecting collisions as they happen.
c. Even though Ethernet traffic is prone to collisions, a hub can all but eliminate them.
d. Though multiple systems can access the media simultaneously, the result will be a collision, which should be immediately detected.
Description: CSMA/CD is used for ethernet media access. The host has the ability to understand whether the data is being transmitted through the cable or not. But multiple hosts can also sense that the media was present at the given time. With this multiple host coming into the picture, the cable can cause a collision that is to be detected without any delay. This problem can get limited by the switch, and a hub might not be very suitable for helping with this problem.
20. If an enterprise is considering migrating resources to the cloud and wishes to ensure that the Cloud Service Provider has the ability to provision and de-provision resources in an automatic manner so that available resources match the current demand as closely as possible, which technique choice would be most appropriate?
CISSP Exam Questions Answers are as below
Some of the General CISSP Exam Questions
What is Certified Information Systems Security Professional?
The CISSP Certification is a world-renowned certification that shows that the holder has the knowledge and skills to manage information security. The most valued IT certification is offered by (ISC)² which makes it valuable yet the most wanted skill to upgrade your portfolio. It is an internationally recognized qualification that anyone in the IT security field can use.
By obtaining the CISSP Certification, learners can demonstrate that they have what it takes to successfully plan, carry out, and oversee a top-notch cybersecurity program. The CISSP is one of the most widely accepted professional certifications in the world today. It is a globally recognized credential that shows ave the knowledge and skills to effeceffectively manage information security risks
The CISSP is an international standard for professional certification in the field of information assurance. The CISSP is the world’s most widely recognized and trusted credential in Information Security. It is a globally recognized security management certification that certifies that the holder has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead, design, develop, implement, manage and maintain information security programs.
Cybersecurity is becoming a critical priority for IT departments across industries as threat actors evolve their tactics and use new technologies to target organizations with malicious intent. Organizations must remain agile and adaptable if they are going to survive in today’s cyber landscape.
Who Can Get the CISSP?
- 05 years of cumulative paid experience in two or more of the eight domains of the CISSP CBK.
- 04 years college degree or an additional credential from the (ISC)2 approved list to satisfy at least 01 years of experience.
- No experience holders can simply pass the certification with thorough training.
For seasoned security practitioners, managers, and executives looking to demonstrate their expertise in a broad range of security techniques and principles, the CISSP is excellent, especially for those in the following positions:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Director of Security
- IT Director/Manager
- Security Systems Engineer
- Security Analyst
- Security Manager
- Security Auditor
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- Network Architect
How do I become certified at CISSP?
An extensive, 06-hour exam covering ten essential areas of security analytics must be prepared for and passed. The test consists of 250 cissp exam questions, and the passing score is 70%. After passing the exam, the application should request professional approval from an ICS professional and approve the ICS Code of Ethics.
The possibility of a higher wage is why many people are drawn to CISSP Certification. Whether you work for a company directly, independently, or through an agency, your pay as a qualified security analyst will vary depending on which businesses you work for.
You might be surprised to learn that the annual maintenance charge for the CISSP Certification is a mere $85 per year. To maintain your certification, you must retake the exam every three years, which costs only $699.
Conclusion CISSP Exam Questions
The demand for cybersecurity professionals is growing at an alarming rate. More than 50% of businesses are currently hiring cybersecurity professionals for their organizations, according to Gartner Research. Vinsys is an ISC2 accredited partner focusing on the inquiry-based learning model.
Engaging and interactive sessions with Vinsys trainers prepare you well for the CISSP exam questions and certification. It ensures practical, feasible, and experiential knowledge with optimistic results. Learners and professionals enrolling in our programs always get positive and enriching professional experiences.
You can either prepare yourself or go for an instructor-led training program. Self-training will be more time consuming and may not be sufficient at times. Vinsys helps you achieve a lot more by delivering built-in intelligence.
- Agile Management (19)
- Announcements (53)
- Autodesk (9)
- AWS (20)
- Certified Ethical Hacking (9)
- Cisco (6)
- Citrix (1)
- Cybersecurity (50)
- DevOps (1)
- Employee Stories (1)
- Enterprise Architecture (3)
- ISO (15)
- IT Governance (3)
- IT Service Management (22)
- Microsoft (16)
- Open Source (5)
- Project Management (50)
- Quality Management (11)
- SAP (8)
- Soft Skills (15)
- Translation Services (18)
- vmware (3)