Someone who assists a company in developing, implementing, managing, and maintaining an information security management system is known as ISO 27001 lead implementer (ISMS). A system for controlling the risk of data loss, damage, and theft is known as an ISMS. In three crucial aspects, it aids an organization in data protection:
- Information is protected from unauthorized users thanks to confidentiality
- Integrity refers to the preservation of accurate and full information
- Accessibility means authorized individuals can access the information
ISO 27001 Lead Implementer Certification
As an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer, you must make sure the ISMS complies with all relevant International Organization Standardization requirements (IOS).
You must pass an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification to become an Lead Implementer in information security management system . You are qualified for lead implementer positions once certified.
Concept of ISO Lead Implementer Training Course
The ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification is offered by several approved certification bodies, including PECB or IRCA.
You must first pass an exam to obtain the certification. The USD 1000 ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer test is three hours long and contains 80 multiple-choice questions from seven areas.
Below is a complete list of the domains and the percentage of questions on the exam connected to them:
- Basic information security management system (ISMS) principles and ideas (18.75%)
- ISMS (information security management system) (15%)
- Preparing an ISO/IEC 27001-based ISMS deployment (22.5%)
- Adopting an ISO/IEC 27001-based ISMS (17.5%)
- Monitoring and evaluation of an ISO/IEC 27001-based ISMS (12.5%)
- Continuous improvement of an ISO/IEC 27001-based ISMS (7.5%)
- Getting ready for an ISMS certification audit (6.25%)
The test is available in both paper-based and online versions, and it is open book, therefore you may consult the following sources when taking it:
- The ISO/IEC 27001 standard in printed form
- Study materials
- Any private notes made throughout the training
- A printed dictionary
ISO 27001 Exam
Your exam results will be sent to you through email after you have completed them. This will happen instantly for examinations taken online. You would have to wait two to four weeks for tests that are given on paper. You should be aware that cheating guarantees failure.
You can repeat the test as many as you’d like if you fail it. The duration between each retest, however, must be increased: it must be 15 days, then 3 months, then 6 months, and ultimately 12 months. So perhaps you don’t need that much time!
Also, there is a charge for each retake, albeit applicants who completed the program receive one free retake during 12 months. Please contact Vinsys to reschedule your exam. If you need specific exam accommodations because of a disability, you can ask for them.
You can apply for the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification after passing the test. You must register for an account on the PECB / IRCA website to accomplish this. The online application form and USD 500 application fee can then be filled out and submitted.
Also Check , Why ISO 27001 Certification is the Right Career Path for Information Security Lead Auditors?
Responsibilities of an ISO Lead Implementer
An organization’s ISO standard must be created, managed, implemented, and maintained by an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer.
They contribute to important choices including defining the information security management system’s (ISMS) scope and informing management about security needs. They guarantee that everyone in the company is aware of and abides by ISO 27001 requirements.
The following are the planned uses for an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer:
- Managers and consultants who assist in putting in place an organization’s information security management system (ISMS)
- Those in charge of ensuring that a business complies with its information security requirements
- Team members who install an ISMS
Benefits of ISO 27001 Lead Implementer Training
If you work in the cybersecurity sector and are familiar with ISO 27001, you might choose to seek Lead Implementer certification. In this role, you’ll manage personnel and guarantee that all standards are fulfilled during the project to monitor ISO 27001 initiatives.
Following successful completion of this training and certificate program, you will:
- Possess the knowledge and abilities necessary to run, oversee, and enhance an information security management system following the most recent ISO 27001 and 27002 best practices
- Increase your knowledge about information security
- Increasing your reputation by achieving global recognition
- Boost your career and your earning potential by improving your resume
As cyberattacks and dangers are on the rise, there is a significant need for cybersecurity roles. According to Mckinsey estimations, India alone has more than 600,000 unfilled positions.
Many businesses are falling behind in their cybersecurity efforts, despite the fact that there are real hazards. Many businesses are rushing to locate cybersecurity specialists who can help them stay up with the competition since they are aware of the hazards.
Since it is the only international information security standard that can be audited, ISO 27001 is crucial in the field of information security. When you are certified as a Lead Implementer, businesses recognize that you can create and implement best practices for all of their information security systems.
An ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer makes a yearly income of USD 93K on average. It works out to USD 7.7K/month, USD 1.7K/week, and USD 45/hour.
ISO Lead Auditor Vs ISO Lead Implementer
- The Lead Auditor and Lead Implementer courses each take five days, and on the fifth day, you must pass an exam. Both programs are rigorous, and you typically need to put in 40 hours over five days.
- You will carefully examine each sentence of the standard on the first day of the course, and a tutor will show you how to comprehend the standard and its underlying logic. Following the first day, the Lead Auditor course will primarily focus on the auditing procedures for the specific standard, while the Lead Implementer course will outline the most effective implementation strategies.
- The Lead Auditor course may (and should) be accredited; the Lead Implementer course cannot.
- The follow up of these two courses, however, is where the fundamental distinction lies. You should unquestionably enroll in the Lead Auditor course if you want to concentrate your career on auditing; if you are a practitioner who is interested in the implementation, you should enroll in the Lead Implementer course.
- Going for both is generally a good idea if you work in consulting because you’ll learn both the implementation strategies and the certification auditor’s evaluation standards this way. Also, the more certifications you have as a consultant, the more valuable you are.
ISO 270001 Lead Implementer Certification Cost
ISO 270001 Certification cost you some money and effort to obtain the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification. Let’s discuss the whole price in greater depth.
You must pass a USD1000 ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer test to become certified as an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer. You must also pay a USD500 application cost and a USD100 yearly maintenance charge on top of that (AMF).
Your time commitment will determine how long it takes for you to obtain the Lead Implementer Certification. The ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification is ultimately a financial commitment. You gain far more in return in terms of professional advantages.
How Vinsys can help?
The moment is now if you want to become an ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer. The simpler it will be for you to fill a top information security (IS) position, the sooner you complete your training and certification.
To get started, sign up for Vinsys’ Lead Implementer course now! Everything you need to assure acing the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer Certification test is included in the package, including course materials, an exam ticket, a certification guarantee, and even ISO 27001 Interview Questions and Answers as well.
- Agile Management (23)
- Announcements (56)
- Autodesk (9)
- AWS (22)
- Certified Ethical Hacking (12)
- Cisco (12)
- Citrix (1)
- Cybersecurity (66)
- DevOps (1)
- Digital Learning (2)
- Employee Stories (1)
- Enterprise Architecture (6)
- ISO (17)
- IT Governance (4)
- IT Service Management (25)
- Microsoft (20)
- Open Source (7)
- Project Management (57)
- Quality Management (12)
- SAP (8)
- Soft Skills (15)
- Testimonial (1)
- Translation Services (20)
- vmware (4)