Get 4 ITIL Credits
Well Curated Training Material
98% Exam Success Rate
ITIL RCV Training Overview
ITIL® Release, Control, and Validation (RCV) module enables candidates to understand and implement well-structured release, control and validation methodologies in organizations that practice the ITIL® framework. The course content is developed on the basis of the best practice guidance mentioned in the ITIL® Service Transition publication.
The course aims at elaborately delivering the skills required to manage transitional changes effectively, validation new services after completing all the necessary tests, release and deploy the changes in line with the organizational requirements. The ITIL® RCV module provides conceptual guidance and improves the decision-making process.
This certification course is most suitable for professionals who have spent at least 2 to 4 years in the IT Service Management. These include but are not limited to:
- Release Managers
- Security Managers
- IT Operations Managers
- Security Administrators
- Database Administrators
In order to appear for the ITIL® RCV Certification exam, candidates require to clear ITIL®® Foundation Certificate or ITIL® v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate.
Additionally, 2 to 4 years of professional experience working in IT Service Management would carry an added advantage.
The ITIL® RCV Certification is a mandatory prerequisite for various positions in the IT sector. Professionals certified with the ITIL® RCV credential gain an advantage over their counterparts for seeking growth opportunities in terms of both position and pay. The ITIL® methodology is adopted by many corporate businesses across the globe due to its constructive nature and structured processes.
With ITIL® RCV certifications, candidates learn:
- The importance of release, control and validation in terms of ITSM infrastructure building and maintenance
- Methods, functions, and activities used in the RCV processes
- Importance and functioning of IT security in implementing the RCV model
- How the processes used in the ITIL® Release, Control, and Validation impact the other Service Lifecycle Processes
- Technological as well as implementation requirements in support of release, control and validation
- Risks, challenges and critical aspects associated with the RCV model
Candidates experience a rising trend in the career opportunities with ITIL® RCV certification. This course benefits individuals by introducing them to the world of systematic implementation of IT services with the help of RCV model. Organizations are greatly demanding certified ITIL® RCV professionals to follow a smooth functioning and implementation of their IT infrastructure.
Virtual Instructor-Led Session
2 days Instructor led Online Training
Experienced Subject Matter Experts
Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
24*7 learner assistance and support
- Analyzing and exploring the importance of the Service Capability stream
- Service Management as a practice
- The Service value proposition
- How the Release, Control and Validation capabilities support the Service Lifecycle
- Core Release, Control and Validation Processes Change
- Purpose, goals and objectives
- Implementing change with minimum disruption and rework
- Evaluating business, technical and financial aspects
- Achieving successful service transition
- Activities, methods and techniques
- Post-implementation review
- Key metrics to measure success
- Business value of the SACM process
- Activities, methods and techniques
- Supporting the effective execution of the SACM process using a configuration management system (CMS)
- Describing the tools, activity model and deliverables for executing each key activity
- Effectively measuring the SACM process with metrics
- Typical day-to-day configuration management activities
- How SVT creates business value
- Identifying how policies can drive and support the execution of the SVT process The Service V Model
- Acquiring relevant test data
- Building quality service deliverables using test levels and test models
- Measuring the SVT process in terms of business value contribution
- Analyzing how services are released into production to enable effective use of services
- Planning, scheduling and controlling releases
- Identifying clear planning conditions including pass/fail criteria
- Illustrating the main activities and how they relate to the capability of Release, Control and Validation
- Providing Early Life support after deploying the new release
- Defining metrics for process quality
- Request Fulfillment to establish a self-help service practice
- Identifying the differences between Request Fulfillment and Incident Management
- Meeting committed service level performance
- Intended and unintended effects of a change
- Evaluating predicted service performance and actual performance
- The business value of the KM process
- Identifying what constitutes an effective KM strategy
- Analyzing the basic layers of the KM concept using the DIKW structure
- Describing the key steps of effective data and information management
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment
- Service Performance and Risk Evaluation
- Technology as part of implementing Service Management
- Managing change in operations
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- How to plan and implement Service Management technologies
- Applying the Deming Cycle to perform ongoing self-monitoring and self-improving for all processes
The RCV (Release, Control and Validation) module is one of the popular qualifications in the ITIL® Service Capability work stream. It revolves around understanding the methods of Release Control and Validation for practical application in order to establish a structured approach towards planning, executing, testing and implementing new services that are in alignment with business’ goals.
Yes, we offer you a course completion certificate once you successfully clear the ITIL® RCV certification exam. We send a soft copy of the certification on your email.
No. This ITIL® certification is valid for a lifetime and candidates need not worry about re-certifying.
In this tech-enabled era, most of the organizations are extracting the power of ITSM in order to establish a smooth workflow and uninterrupted processes. Therefore, as the need for ITSM practices has risen up, so is the demand for certified ITIL® professionals. Certifying with the RCV credentials will give your career an instant boost and also validate your skills in the ITIL® functions. Recruiters obviously prefer certified candidates over the others.
Vinsys has more than 15 years of experience in training candidates for ITIL® RCV certification and records 98% of 1st attempt passing success rate. We have quality, accredited trainers having relevant industry experience to train candidates on the RCV module and use practical approach in all our trainings. The course material provided to candidates is carefully crafted and curated by subject matter experts and our flexible training schedules are a lucrative study option for busy learners.