Peoplecert Accredited Organization
Exam Fee Included
Earn 16 PDUs After Course Completion
99.3% Exam Pass Rate
ITIL Foundation Overview
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is a set of best practices that aim to create and enhance the ITSM process. The ITIL Foundation Course is the key to get involved in building a reliable, highly flexible and adaptive IT environment to serve to the varied needs of organizations. It intends to help businesses improve customer relations, manage risks, build stable & reliable IT infrastructures, and establish cost-effective practices.
ITIL is highly versatile. It is built on the collaborative experience of IT professionals and therefore focuses on addressing the core issues faced in an IT environment. The ITIL 4 practices are very flexible and scalable which makes them easy to use with other practices including Six Sigma, Cobit, and TOGAF.
The ITIL framework is widely accepted across industries as it does not restrict itself to any specific business model. ITIL can be defined as a series of processes that contribute highly towards improving and refining an IT service lifecycle. It enables people, processes, and organizations to quickly cope up with the IT transitions efficiently and never lose on productivity.
Note: Vinsys provides ITIL certification training in combination with ITIL exam.
ITIL Foundation Certification is suitable for professionals who wish to gain an understanding of the ITIL framework and how it enables businesses to improve the quality of IT service management within an organization. The certification can also be opted by those who already work in an ITIL-enabled environment and need recognition of their skills to contribute majorly to the overall development of the organization.
The ITIL framework is a great learning for all those who wish to be or are already a part of the IT environment. The ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course is best suited for:
- IT Professionals/ IT Developers/ IT Managers
- Application Managers
- Quality Analysts
- IT Architects/ IT Executives
- Audit Managers
- Database Administrators
- Business Operation Managers
- ITSM Executives and Trainers
Candidates do not need to fulfil any criteria to apply for the ITIL 4 Foundation Course. Any individual aspiring to gain knowledge of the ITSM best practices can take up this course. It offers great benefits both the IT professionals as well as the non-IT professionals.
This ITIL 4 Foundation Certification Course aims at training candidates on how to:
- Create a reliable, functional and stable service development environment
- Understand customers to tailor your services according to their specific requirements to establish strong, long-term relationships
- Predict, manage and minimize risks effectively without compromising on the existing service deliveries
- Enhance productivity cost-effectively
- Align the ITSM framework with core business objectives to achieve the targeted goals
- Adapt to the rapid technological shifts and comply with the industry standards
- Raise your ability to cope up with the IT challenges and perform outstandingly
- Instructor led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 leaner assistance and support
The ITIL 4 course includes a comprehensive knowledge of ITSM practices. You can expect to be trained on:
• Why ITIL® is successful?
• Concept of best practices in the public domain
• Concept of a service
• Concept of internal and external customers
• Concept of internal and external services
• Concept of service management
• Concept of IT service management
• Concept of stakeholders in service management
• What are processes and functions?
• The process model and the characteristics of processes
- The structure of the ITIL® service lifecycle
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service Lifecycle. (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement)
- Value to the business by each stage of Service lifecycle. (Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement) Generic concepts and definitions
- Defining and explain following key concepts
- Utility and Warranty
- Assets, resources and capabilities
- Service portfolio
- Service catalogue and Different view of Service Catalogue
- Business case
- Risk management
- Service provider
- Service level agreement
- Operational level agreement
- Underpinning contract
- Service design package
- Service knowledge management system
- Configuration item
- Configuration management system
- Definitive media library (DML)
- Change and its types
- Service strategy: Value creation through services
- Service design: Understand the importance of four P’s for service management, Understand the five major aspects of service design
- Continual service improvement: the continual service improvement approach, Understand the role of measurement for continual service improvement and discuss key concepts ( Relationship between CSF’s and KPI’s, Baselines, Type of Metrics Processes
- The purpose of this module is to help the participant understand how the service management processes contribute to the ITIL® service lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts
- Service Strategy (Service portfolio management, Financial management for IT services, Business relationship management)
- Service Design (Service level management, Service catalogue management, Availability management, ISM, Supplier management, Capacity management, IT service continuity management, Design coordination)
- Service Transition (Change management, Release and deployment management, Knowledge management, Service asset and configuration management, Transition planning and support)
- Service Operation (Incident management, Problem management, Event management, Request fulfillment, Access management)
- Continual Service Improvement (The seven-step improvement process) Functions
- Role, objectives and organizational structures
- The technical management function, application management function, IT operations management function, service desk function
- RACI Model
- Process Owner
- Process Manager
- Process Practitioner
- Service Owner
- How service automation assists with expediting service management processes
ITIL is an acronym for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It is a set of best practices responsible for successful IT Service Management. With businesses utilizing the power of IT extensively, the role of ITIL started gaining more weightage and the technology looked forward to a universal set of practices and framework that laid the foundation of secure, reliable, flexible and scalable IT environment.
The ITIL framework consists of five books each comprising of a different element of the IT service lifecycle. They deliver firm, practical guidelines for creating, planning and improvising product or service development processes.
The five books are Service Strategy, Service Transition, Service Design, Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvements.
ITIL 4 is a refined version of the earlier ITIL V3 model as the latter is a more flexible, scalable and practical approach towards setting up the ITSM methodologies in today’s highly demanding and rigorous IT infrastructure requirements. The major difference between the two versions of ITIL is that ITIL 4 model considers customers as an essential part of the ITSM process that contributes to its adaptive functioning and wide acceptance globally.
ITIL 4 is the authentication of one’s knowledge about the IT environments and processes. It certifies the skillset required to professionally establish IT infrastructure and the ability to apply structural as well as functional changes in the IT culture of an organization.
With this professional certification, candidates acquire a systematic knowledge of ITSM best practices and a set of procedures that in turn benefit their personal as well as a professional career path. ITIL 4 certified professionals are highly in demand these days with the increasing awareness among companies about the effectiveness of structured ITSM processes.
There is no formal prerequisite for applying to the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification. However, if candidates have some experience or exposure to IT environments, it will help them relate to and learn the concepts quicker.
Usually, the ITIL 4 Certification course is completed within 2-3 days.
Yes, the ITIL 4 Foundation Course is designed for those who wish to make their career in the field of ITSM and therefore should be taken up preferably by ITSM professionals although others also may apply for the course to gain knowledge and start working in the ITSM.
Yes, we do, Vinsys offers a course completion certificate after successfully clearing the ITIL 4 Foundation exam.
For details about the fee structure of this course, please to talk to our corporate training experts or read the ITIL certification cost
We charge the candidates for our training sessions and also provide accredited course material, complete exam preparation guidance and mock test papers along with access to our tech-enabled labs to enable you to create a dynamic learning experience.
Vinsys is a reliable training partner for corporate giants and therefore ensures that the trainers who represent them are well-experienced and possess excellent academic qualifications to be trusted upon for professional certification training. We understand the learners’ concerns and appoint the best of the corporate trainers who have spent sufficient time working on the technology themselves so that they impart practical knowledge to the students.
ITIL 4 training at Vinsys is highly regarded with hi-tech training sanitized facilities and well-experienced staff. Vinsys records the highest percentage of students passing in the first attempt for the ITIL course.
- AXELOS approved course material
- Post-training support
- Complete exam preparation guidance
- Professional career consultation
Candidates who are ITIL 3 Certified professionals are assigned credit values based on the ITIL content to contribute to your further ITIL professional education. ITIL 3 certified professionals will be eligible for ITIL 4 Transition Module which aims to hasten the adoption to the changes to the new release and provides candidates with an updated ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation.
Apply for the ITIL 4 Transition Module here.
ITIL 4, the latest version of ITIL was released in February 2019, the first major update since 2007. ITIL v3 was the initial ITIL version.
ITIL v3 Levels - Before the ITIL 4 update, ITIL v3 had 5 levels:
Now, ITIL 4 has only 4 levels:
- Managing Professional
- Strategic Leader
The ITIL 4 levels offer a more flexible approach and is proven to be lot more practical, flexible and relevant in today’s modernized, tech-enabled world. Its models and methodologies are aligned with the latest innovations in the corporate sector and enables faster adoption of methods that can be applied across different domains.
Hence the ITIL 4 Certification adds more value to the professionals who are already ITIL v3 certified. After completing the ITIL 4 Foundation course, candidates become eligible to apply for ITIL 4 Managing Professional course.