Hands-on training experience
Pre-and post-assessment questions
In this course, you will employ best practices in software development to develop secure software. You will:
- Identify the need for security in your software projects
- Eliminate vulnerabilities within the software
- Use a security-by-design approach to design a secure architecture for your software
- Implement standard protections to safeguard users and data
- Apply various testing methods to find and correct security defects in your software
- Maintain deployed software to ensure ongoing security
- Software developers, testers, and architects who design and develop software in various programming languages and platforms, including desktop, web, cloud, and mobile
- Software developers, testers, and architects who want to improve their ability to deliver software that is of high quality, particularly regarding security and privacy
- Students seeking the CertNexus Cyber Secure Coder certification.
For this course, you will need one computer for each student and one for the instructor. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 gigabytes (GB) RAM (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 20 GB available hard disk space (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Projection system to display the instructor's computer screen
- Local area network and Internet connection
- Windows® 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (64-bit). This course was successfully keyed on Windows 10. Some activity steps may not key exactly as written if students key on a different version of Windows.
- Python version 3.8.1 (python-3.8.1.amd64.msi, provided with the course data files).
- PyCharm Community Edition version 2019.3.3 (pycharm-community-2019.3.3.exe, provided with the course data files). Python is distributed under the Python Software Foundation License (PSFL). PyCharm Community Edition is distributed under the Apache® License 2.0.
Virtual Instructor-Led Session
- Instructor-led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 leaner assistance and support
Identifying the Need for Security in Your Software Projects
- Identify Security Requirements and Expectations
- Recognize Factors That Undermine Software Security
- Find Vulnerabilities in Your Software
- Gather Intelligence on Vulnerabilities and Exploits
- Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Software Defects and Misconfiguration
- Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Human Factors
- Handle Vulnerabilities Due to Process Shortcomings
Designing for Security
- Apply General Principles for Secure Design
- Design Software to Counter Specific Threats
Developing Secure Code
- Follow Best Practices for Secure Coding
- Prevent Platform Vulnerabilities
- Prevent Privacy Vulnerabilities
Implementing Common Protections
- Limit Access Using Login and User Roles
- Protect Data in Transit and At Rest
- Implement Error Handling and Logging
- Protect Sensitive Data and Functions
- Protect Database Access
Testing Software Security
- Perform Security Testing
- Analyze Code to find Security Problems
- Use Automated Testing Tools to Find Security Problems
Maintaining Security in Deployed Software
- Monitor and Log Applications to Support Security
- Maintain Security after Deployment
This course will continue for three days and seven modules will be taught.
Yes, this course is suitable for beginners, but an experience with some programming language is preferred.
You will get access to the pdf and other course material after completion. However, access to class recordings is limited only to the course duration.
No, it is an instructor-led online course.