Hands-on Training Experience
Microsoft Certified Trainers
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- Desktop support technicians related to windows 11, cloud services, networking hardware, and devices.
- IT professionals
- Computer users
- Having responsibilities and knowledge about activation, performance, and user state.
To enroll in the course, you need to know:
- Networking Fundamentals.
- Windows server fundamentals.
- Public Key Infrastructure components.
- Microsoft active directory domain services principles
- Microsoft Windows client essentials.
- Troubleshoot startup issues
- Perform a system recovery
- Administer Windows 11 devices
- Learn troubleshooting methodology for windows 11.
- Resolve hardware and drivers’ issues.
- Implement remote connectivity.
- Configure windows 11 systems using Group Policy.
- Maintain various windows 11 devices.
Virtual Instructor-led Sessions
- Instructor-led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured Training Material
- 24*7 Leaner Assistance And Support
- Overview of Windows 11
- New features in Windows 11
- Highlight significant changes from Windows 10
- Brief overview of UI changes
- Includes overview of system architecture, including both Linux and Android subsystems
- Troubleshooting installation and deployment
- Overview of required hardware, identifying differences from Windows 10
- Describe common reasons why devices cannot upgrade to Windows 11
- Recommendations for typical troubleshooting procedures
- Introduction to troubleshooting tools
- Task Manager
- Resource Monitor
- Performance Monitor
- Review of revised Settings app
- Overview of administration tools
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Quick Assist
- Using Windows Admin Center
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
- Enabling PowerShell Remoting
- Trusted hosts
- Introduction to provisioning
- Overview of the Windows 11 Recovery Environment
- Configuring the Registry
- Troubleshooting startup settings
- Recovering BitLocker-protected drives
- Troubleshooting OS service Issues
- Recovering a computer
- Overview of hardware troubleshooting
- Group Policy settings than can control/inhibit hardware installation
- Troubleshooting device driver failures
- Identifying incorrectly configured network and TCP/IP settings
- Overview of IPv4 subnet addressing to help identify incorrectly configured devices
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting network connectivity
- Troubleshooting name resolution
- Overview of remote access
- Troubleshooting issues with VPN connectivity
- Overview of Group Policy
- Resolving client-configuration failures and GPO application issues
- Secure Boot, Trusted Boot, Measured Boot
- UEFI settings
- TPM requirements
- Implementing network security with Windows Defender Firewall and Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
- Implementing Credential Guard, Exploit Guard, and Application Guard
- Configuring Windows Hello
- Troubleshooting sign-in issues
- Troubleshooting the application of user settings
- Configuring and troubleshooting UE-V
- Configuring and troubleshooting Folder Redirection
- Troubleshooting file permissions issues
- Troubleshooting issues with printers
- Performing File Recovery in Windows 11
- Troubleshooting desktop apps
- Managing Universal Windows apps
- Overview of Application Control
- Troubleshooting AppLocker Policy application
- Troubleshooting application compatibility Issues
- Configuring Kiosk mode
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Computer Performance
- Overview of Windows Update
- Configuring Windows Update for Business
- Troubleshooting Windows updates
The course duration is 4 days (32 hours).
Classes are available in two slots. One is from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and the second is from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Yes, lab sessions are included in the course.
Yes, we offer career/course guidance to enrolled learners.
Yes, this course is suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced professionals.
High-quality education with regular tests, mock practice sessions, hands-on-trainings, and instructor-led courses provides an extensive support while learning.
You will get access to the pdf and other course material even after the course completion. However, access to class recordings is limited only to the course duration.
Yes, post-lab access ranges from 30 to 180 calendar days after completing the course.
Microsoft courses are conducted in English.
Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 11 will help you in professional development by ensuring expertise in different aspects of Windows 11.