16 hours certification course
Interactive sessions with extensive hands-on
98.5% exam success rate
SRE Foundation Training Certification
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) has gained focus since modern organizations recognized the need to perform consistently in complex technical environments while minimizing the risk of major outages and failure incidents. The inclusion of automation and engineering solutions for reliable functioning of applications in complex IT environments is the core focus area of the SRE Foundation Training Course.
This training program highlights the methods, practices and tools required to engage people involved in reliability and stability by using real-world scenarios and case studies. Professionals attending this course will know how to anticipate and manage loopholes in operational systems making them more predictable, scalable and stable along with a scope for continual improvement.
The SRE Foundation Certification training at Vinsys aims at enabling attendees to thoroughly understand the fundamentals, principles, methods and tools for establishing a successful SRE system in place while also preparing them well to clear the SRE Foundation Exam in the first attempt.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation training program is aimed at:
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organizational change approaches
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability
There is no formal prerequisite for attending this course.
However, candidates must have a basic understanding of software development, DevOps and SDLC.
In this course, candidates will be equipped with an understanding of:
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organization’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- Observability as something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organizational impact that introducing SRE brings
About The Examination
Exam Pattern: Multiple choice questions
Exam Type: Open book
No. of Questions: 40
Exam Duration: 60 minutes
Passing Criteria: 65%
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) course is designed to enable candidates learn:
- Principles and practices of SRE and how they are used to improve developmental and operational activities
- Methods of re-aligning organizations as required by the SRE
- How SRE assists in scaling resources economically and reliably
- Evolution of SRE and its future
- Inter-relation between SRE and DevOps as well as other frameworks
- How to set, understand and track SLOs (Service Level Objectives)
- All that is required to successfully clear the SRE Foundation Exam
- 2 days Instructor-led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 leaner assistance and support
- Course Goals
- Course Agenda
- What is Site Reliability Engineering?
- SRE & DevOps: What is the Difference?
- SRE Principles & Practices
- Service Level Objectives (SLO’s)
- Error Budgets
- Error Budget Policies
- What is Toil?
- Why is Toil Bad?
- Doing Something About Toil
- Service Level Indicators (SLI’s)
- Automation Defined
- Automation Focus
- Hierarchy of Automation Types
- Secure Automation
- Automation Tools
- Why Learn from Failure
- Benefits of Anti-Fragility
- Shifting the Organizational Balance
- Why Organizations Embrace SRE
- Patterns for SRE Adoption
- On-Call Necessities
- Blameless Post-Mortems
- SRE & Scale
- SRE & Other Frameworks
- The Future
- Exam Requirements, Question Weighting, and Terminology List
- Sample Exam Review Already present on our website.
The SRE Foundation Exam is administered by DevOps Institute.
Yes, Vinsys provides a course completion certificate once candidates successfully clear the SRE Foundation Exam which is conducted after the training is completed.
With organizations realizing the need for having a sorted, fully-functional IT system with minimum risk of outages in complex environments, the hiring for professional Site Reliability Engineers have increased. So, candidates can expect a great career ahead after completing the SRE Foundation training course.
Vinsys focuses on creating skilled professionals. Our aim is to impart knowledge with maximum focus on training candidates with practical skills which is why one seeks a certification course. This is the major difference with our training. While we wish all candidates should clear the certification exams, our basic intent is to build their skills. Also, with industry-expert trainers and result-oriented training methods, Vinsys assures a satisfying course of training.
SRE is an abbreviation for Site Reliability Engineering. It deals with developing and implementing methods for maintaining reliable and scalable IT operations in complex environments.