CompTIA Certified trainers
Proven training methodologies
Industry Exper Trainers
24*7 Learning Assistance
Comptia A+ Training Overview
In today’s IT-driven world, the CompTIA A+ Certification is the right choice for beginners. The A+ certification proves your ability in preventive maintenance, installation, security, networking and troubleshooting of both software and hardware. With CompTIA A+ credential you can confidently handle as well as support complex IT environments.
This comprehensive training prepares you for two exams required to become CompTIA A+ certified - CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and CompTIA A+ 220-1002. While the former tests your knowledge of networking technology, mobile devices, cloud computing, network troubleshooting and virtualization, the latter assesses your practical skills in software troubleshooting, installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, and operational procedures. In this course, you will learn about configuring device operating systems such as Chrome OS, Windows, Mac, iOS and Android while also understanding how to administer cloud-based as well as client-based software.
CompTIA A+ is your launchpad for pursuing a great IT career. The CompTIA A+ certificate is an industry-recognized internationally-acclaimed credential that validates your candidature for various IT positions.
CompTIA A+ certification course can be taken by anyone with an interest to pursue a genuinely rewarding career in IT.
No prior certifications are required to pursue the CompTIA A+ course, however, a working experience of 9-12 months would lead to an enhanced learning.
This course intends to train candidates on how to:
- Identify the basic hardware components of mobile devices, computers and operating systems
- Assess security and networking fundamentals
- Demonstrate competence in networking, hardware, peripherals and security components
- Apply preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and basic networking security controls
- Gear up and prepare well for the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and CompTIA A+ 220-1002 exams
What will you learn?
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
ABOUT THE EXAMINATION
In order to earn the CompTIA A+ Certification, you will have to clear 2 exams viz. the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) and (Core 2).
CompTIA A+ 220-1001: This exam validates your knowledge about hardware, networking, mobile devices, virtualization, cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
CompTIA A+ 220-1002: This exam analyzes your skill set relating to expanded security, installing and configuring operating systems, operational procedures and software troubleshooting.
No. of questions: 90 questions per exam
Exam duration: 90 minutes
Question types: Drag and drops, multiple-choice and performance-based
Passing criteria: 220-1001: 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
220-1002: 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
Testing provider: Pearson VUE
Virtual Instructor-Led Session
- Instructor led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 learner assistance and support
- Topic A: Personal Computer Components
- Topic B: Storage Devices
- Topic C: Mobile Digital Devices
- Topic D: Connection Interfaces
- Topic A: Identify Motherboard Components and Features
- Topic B: Install and Configure CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Topic C: Install Power Supplies
- Topic D: Troubleshoot System Components
- Topic A: Identify RAM Types and Features
- Topic B: Troubleshoot RAM Issues
- Topic C: Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Topic D: Configure the System Firmware
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
- Topic A: Install Display Devices
- Topic B: Configure Display Devices
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Video and Display Devices
- Topic A: Install and Configure Input Devices
- Topic B: Install and Configure Output Devices
- Topic C: Install and Configure Input/Output Devices
- Topic D: Install and Configure Expansion Cards
- Topic A: Types of Common Business Clients
- Topic B: Custom Client Environments
- Topic A: Printer and Multifunction Technologies
- Topic B: Install and Configure Printers
- Topic C: Maintain Printers
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Printers
- Topic A: TCP/IP Properties and Characteristics
- Topic B: TCP/IP
- Topic C: Internet Connections
- Topic D: Ports and Protocols
- Topic E: Networking Tools
- Topic A: Configure Basic Windows Networking
- Topic B: Configure Network Perimeters
- Topic C: Using Windows Networking Features
- Topic D: Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Topic A: Install and Configure Exterior Laptop Components
- Topic B: Install and Configure Interior Laptop Components
- Topic C: Other Mobile Devices
- Topic D: Mobile Device Accessories and Ports
- Topic E: Mobile Device Connectivity
- Topic F: Mobile Device Synchronization
- Topic G: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Hardware
- Topic A: PC and Mobile Operating Systems
- Topic B: PC Operating System Tools and Utilities
- Topic A: Implement Client-Side Virtualization
- Topic B: Install Microsoft Windows
- Topic C: Use Microsoft Windows
- Topic D: Configure Microsoft Windows
- Topic E: Upgrade Microsoft Windows
- Topic A: Optimize Microsoft Windows
- Topic B: Back Up and Restore System Data
- Topic C: Perform Disk Maintenance
- Topic D: Update Software
- Topic A: The OS X Operating System
- Topic B: The Linux Operating System
- Topic A: Network Types
- Topic B: Network Components
- Topic C: Common Network Services
- Topic D: Cloud Concepts
- Topic E: Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: Common Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: General Security Controls
- Topic C: Mobile Security Controls
- Topic D: Data Destruction and Disposal Methods
- Topic A: Secure Operating Systems
- Topic B: Secure Workstations
- Topic C: Secure SOHO Networks
- Topic D: Secure Mobile Devices
- Topic A: Troubleshoot PC Operating Systems
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Operating Systems and Applications
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Topic A: Basic Maintenance Tools and Techniques
- Topic B: Personal and Electrical Safety
- Topic C: Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Topic D: Professionalism and Communication
- Topic E: Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Topic F: Troubleshooting Theory
Vinsys offers skill-based learning through extensive hands-on experience. Our trainers are industry-experts with an exposure to practical scenarios and provide real-time examples for a better understanding of concepts. We aim at providing training that is a blend of practical as well as theoretical approaches. Through our official courseware, we enable learners to stay updated with the latest industry trends. Our CompTIA trainings yield great results and our students highly recommend our CompTIA training.
CompTIA is an abbreviation given to Computing Technology Industry Association. It is a non-profit trade association that issues professional certifications for the IT industry.
CompTIA A+ is the industry-recognized training for entry-level computer enthusiasts and prepares candidates with knowledge about computer/mobile hardware installation, repairs, maintenance and troubleshooting. This training provides comprehensive knowledge and skills required to pass the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and CompTIA A+ 220-1002 and earn the CompTIA A+ Certification.
CompTIA A+ certification is definitely worth it with almost 1.2 million CompTIA A+ certifications issued till date. You can start your career with the A+ certification which validates your skills and knowledge about working with computers and networks.
Once successfully earning your CompTIA A+ certification, you can apply for jobs that demand critical IT support tasks such as Help Desk Technician, IT Specialist, Technical Support Specialist, IT Support Manager, and Field Service Technician.
Your CompTIA A+ certification has a validity of three years. After three years, you will have to renew and extend your certification through continuing education program for another three years.
After CompTIA A+, you can move towards the CompTIA Network+ certification if you feel the need to strengthen your networking abilities. But if you are confident about your networking skills, you can directly choose to pursue CompTIA Security+.
To apply for the CompTIA A+ certification course, you must have 9-12 months of hands-on experience on filed or in the lab.
Candidates can choose to self-study or enroll for a guided online learning through instructor-led training classes. The time for preparation can vary between 10-12 weeks.
To renew the certificate automatically, you will have to earn minimum 20 CEUs through various activities/training programs intended for the purpose.
There is no technical competence required to take this course. However, some exposure to working in the IT field would enhance learning.
Apart from the training, we provide you with official courseware, practice tests, mock exams, 24x7 learning support and all the required certification guidance.
Vinsys trainings are distinguished by focus on practical aspect of the training. We intend to create certified professionals by also ensuring they would be capable to implement the learnings while on the job. This ensures a highly efficient learning environment for aspiring candidates and maintains our exam success ratio.
In case you have other queries than those mentioned above, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.