Comprehensive study guide
Industry Exper Trainers
Industry Expert Trainers
This CompTIA A+ Certification Prep (Exam 220-1101 & 220-1102) course is intended for:
- Individuals with basic computer skills who want to obtain a job as an entry-level IT technician
- Professionals seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-1101 Certification Exam and the CompTIA 220-1102 Certification Exam.
This A+ course is recommended for those who have:
- 12 months of experience as an IT support specialist
- Completed CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Certification Prep (FC0-U61)
- Completed CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) (FC0-U61) e-Learning
In this CompTIA A+ exam prep course, you will learn to:
- Support basic IT infrastructure including networking, endpoint management, and advanced device connectivity
- Apply basic data backup and recovery methods and implement data storage best practices
- Configure IoT device, mobile, and PC hardware including connectors, components, and peripherals
- Configure operating systems including Linux, Windows, Mac, iOS, Chrome OS, and Android, and administrator cloud-based (SaaS) and client-based software
- Troubleshoot support challenges and apply best practices of change management, documentation, and the use of scripting in IT support
What will you learn?
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
ABOUT THE EXAM
To earn the CompTIA A+ certification, you have to pass two exams - CompTIA A+ 220-1101 (Core 1) and 220-1102 (Core 2)
Exam Format: Multiple choice questions (single and multiple-response)
Exam Duration: 90 minutes per exam
No. of Questions: 90 per exam
Exam Cost: $239 per exam
Virtual Instructor-Led Session
- Instructor led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 learner assistance and support
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components
- Compare and contrast the display components of mobile devices
- Set up and configure accessories and ports of mobile devices
- Configure basic mobile-device network connectivity and application support
- Compare and contrast Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) ports, protocols, and their purposes
- Compare and contrast common networking hardware
- Compare and contrast protocols for wireless networking
- Summarize services provided by networked hosts
- Install and configure basic wired/wireless small office/home office (SOHO) networks
- Compare and contrast common network configuration concepts
- Compare and contrast Internet connection types, network types,and their features
- Use networking tools
- Explain basic cable types and their connectors, features, and purposes
- Install the appropriate RAM
- Select and install storage devices
- Install and configure motherboards, central processing units (CPUs)
- Install or replace the appropriate power supply
- Deploy and configure multifunction devices/printers and settings
- Install and replace printer consumables
- Summarize cloud-computing concepts
- Summarize aspects of client-side virtualization
- Apply the best practice methodology to resolve problems
- Troubleshoot problems related to motherboards, RAM, CPU, and power
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with storage drives and RAID arrays
- Troubleshoot video, projector, and display issues
- Troubleshoot common issues with mobile devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve printer issues
- Troubleshoot problems with wired and wireless networks
- Identify basic features of Microsoft Windows editions
- Use the appropriate Microsoft command-line tool
- Use features and tools of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system (OS)
- Use the appropriate Microsoft Windows 10 Control Panel utility
- Use the appropriate Windows settings
- Configure Microsoft Windows networking features on a client/desktop
- Apply application installation and configuration concepts
- Explain common OS types and their purposes
- Perform OS installations and upgrades in a diverse OS environment
- Identify common features and tools of the macOS/desktop OS
- Identify common features and tools of the Linux client/desktop OS
- Summarize various security measures and their purposes
- Compare and contrast wireless security protocols and authentication methods
- Detect, remove, and prevent malware using the appropriate tools and methods
- Explain common social-engineering attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities
- Manage and configure basic security settings in the Microsoft Windows OS
- Configure a workstation to meet best practices for security
- Explain common methods for securing mobile and embedded devices
- Install and configure browsers and relevant security settings
- Troubleshoot common Windows OS problems
- Troubleshoot common personal computer (PC) security issues
- Use best practice procedures for malware removal
- Troubleshoot common mobile OS and application issues
- Troubleshoot common mobile OS and application security issues
- Implement best practices associated with documentation and support systems information management
- Explain basic change-management best practices
- Implement workstation backup and recovery methods
- Use common safety procedures
- Summarize environmental impacts and local environmental controls
- Explain the importance of prohibited content/activity and privacy, licensing, and policy concepts
- Use proper communication techniques and professionalism
- Identify the basics of scripting
- Given a scenario, use remote access technologies
- Topic A: PC and Mobile Operating Systems
- Topic B: PC Operating System Tools and Utilities
- Topic A: Implement Client-Side Virtualization
- Topic B: Install Microsoft Windows
- Topic C: Use Microsoft Windows
- Topic D: Configure Microsoft Windows
- Topic E: Upgrade Microsoft Windows
- Topic A: Optimize Microsoft Windows
- Topic B: Back Up and Restore System Data
- Topic C: Perform Disk Maintenance
- Topic D: Update Software
- Topic A: The OS X Operating System
- Topic B: The Linux Operating System
- Topic A: Network Types
- Topic B: Network Components
- Topic C: Common Network Services
- Topic D: Cloud Concepts
- Topic E: Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: Common Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: General Security Controls
- Topic C: Mobile Security Controls
- Topic D: Data Destruction and Disposal Methods
- Topic A: Secure Operating Systems
- Topic B: Secure Workstations
- Topic C: Secure SOHO Networks
- Topic D: Secure Mobile Devices
- Topic A: Troubleshoot PC Operating Systems
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Operating Systems and Applications
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Topic A: Basic Maintenance Tools and Techniques
- Topic B: Personal and Electrical Safety
- Topic C: Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Topic D: Professionalism and Communication
- Topic E: Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Topic F: Troubleshooting Theory
Yes, A+ by CompTIA is an entry-level certification. You can make an amazing career start with this CompTIA A+ certification.
The CompTIA A+ Exam 220-1101 & 220-1102 is the upgraded version of the CompTIA A+ Certification Exam 220-1001 & 220-1002.
CompTIA A+ is the industry-recognized training for entry-level computer enthusiasts and prepares candidates with knowledge about computer/mobile hardware installation, repairs, maintenance and troubleshooting. This training provides comprehensive knowledge and skills required to pass the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and CompTIA A+ 220-1002 and earn the CompTIA A+ Certification.
CompTIA A+ certification is definitely worth it with almost 1.2 million CompTIA A+ certifications issued till date. You can start your career with the A+ certification which validates your skills and knowledge about working with computers and networks.
Once successfully earning your CompTIA A+ certification, you can apply for jobs that demand critical IT support tasks such as Help Desk Technician, IT Specialist, Technical Support Specialist, IT Support Manager, and Field Service Technician.
Your CompTIA A+ certification has a validity of three years. After three years, you will have to renew and extend your certification through continuing education program for another three years.
After this program, you can apply for the job roles of Associate Network Engineer, Help Desk Technician, Desktop Support Specialist, System Support Technician, Field Service Technician, etc.
To apply for the CompTIA A+ certification course, you must have 9-12 months of hands-on experience on filed or in the lab.
Candidates can choose to self-study or enroll for a guided online learning through instructor-led training classes. The time for preparation can vary between 10-12 weeks.
To renew the certificate automatically, you will have to earn minimum 20 CEUs through various activities/training programs intended for the purpose.
There is no technical competence required to take this course. However, some exposure to working in the IT field would enhance learning.
Apart from the training, we provide you with official courseware, practice tests, mock exams, 24x7 learning support and all the required certification guidance.
You have to appear for two exams: CompTIA A+ 220-1101 (Core 1) and 220-1102 (Core 2). Each of these will cost $239 USD.
In case you have other queries than those mentioned above, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.