Highly Experienced Trainers
Course Designed According To Requirements
Post Training Assistance
Learn From Experts
- Designing containerized applications for OpenShift.
- Managing and triggering application builds using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Customizing an existing source-to-image base image.
- Deploying multi-container applications using Helm Charts.
- Creating health checks to monitor/improve application reliability.
- Creating and deploying cloud-native applications on OpenShift.
- Enterprise Application Developers and DevOps Site Reliability Engineers.
- Professionals who wish to complete the Red Hat Specialist in OpenShift Application Development certification.
- Recommended: DO180 Red Hat OpenShift I Containers & Kubernetes training or equivalent knowledge.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator or a higher credential.
About the Exam
Skills Tested: Deploying Existing Applications in a Red Hat OpenShift
Container Platform Environment.
Certification Awarded: The Red Hat Specialist in OpenShift Application
Exam Format: Performance-based Evaluation.
Duration: 3 Hours.
Cost: $400 (Region-specific).
Virtual Instructor-led Sessions
- Instructor led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 learner assistance and support
- Deploying applications using application packaging methods to an OpenShift cluster and managing their resources.
- Selecting a containerization method for an application.
- Creating a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
- Creating an enterprise registry and publishing container images to it.
- Explaining the OpenShift build process, in addition to triggering and managing builds.
- Customizing an existing S2I base image and creating a new one.
- Deploying multi-container applications utilizing Helm charts and Kustomize.
- Monitoring application health and implementing various deployment methods for cloud-native applications
- Creating, deploying, and integrating third-party applications on OpenShift.
Containers/OpenShift have become de facto agile development and application deployment solutions, especially for developers willing to improve application time-to-market for minimum viable products.
When orchestrated with Kubernetes/OpenShift, a container-based architecture improves application reliability/scalability, decreases developer overhead, and facilitates continuous deployment.
The Red Hat training provides your Application Developers with all the skills required for designing, building, and deploying containerized applications, be it migrating existing applications to OpenShift or creating new cloud-native applications.
Moreover, it acts as a gateway to your organizational/digital transformation by revealing the potential of DevOps utilizing a container-based architecture.
The Red Hat OpenShift Development II training takes you through the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications in the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
You learn various skills like designing container images to containerize applications, customizing application builds, using Source-to-Image builds, deploying multi-container applications, and implementing health checks to improve system reliability.
Yes, on version 4.6.
It is considered quite helpful for navigation and usage of the command line.
The DO180 Red Hat OpenShift I Containers & Kubernetes course enables you to build/manage containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. It brings the core knowledge and skills for managing containers through hands-on experiences with containers, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Yes, it utilizes a lab environment provisioned in the Red Hat Online Learning (ROL) cloud.
Skills for working with Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
• Creating/Working with multiple OpenShift projects.
• Deploying single container and multi-container applications.
• Creating/Using a Helm chart.
• Customizing deployments with Kustomize.
• Implementing application health monitoring.
• Understanding basic Git usage and working with Git in the context of deploying applications in OpenShift.
• Configuring the OpenShift internal registry to meet specific requirements.
• Creating/Deploying cloud-native applications for OpenShift.
• Managing applications with the web console.
• Deploying multi-container applications.
• Creating Helm charts.
• Customizing deployments with Kustomize.
• Working with container images.
• Using command line utilities to create/manipulate container images.
• Optimizing container images.
• Publishing container images to a registry.
• Troubleshooting application deployment issues.
• Diagnosing/Correcting minor issues with application deployment.
• Working with image streams.
• Creating custom image streams to deploy applications.
• Pulling applications from existing Git repositories.
• Debugging minor issues with application deployment.
• Working with configuration maps.
• Creating configuration maps.
• Using configuration maps to inject data into applications.
• Working with the source-to-image (S2I) tool.
• Deploying applications using S2I.
• Customizing existing S2I builder images.
• Working with hooks and triggers.
• Creating a hook that runs a provided script.
• Testing/Confirming proper operation of the hook.
• Managing/Triggering application builds.
• Working with templates.
• Creating an OpenShift template.
• Using pre-existing templates written in JSON/YAML formats.
• Working with multi-container templates.
• Adding custom parameters to a template.
Yes, it counts towards becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect or (RHCA®).
Besides being a globally-respected Individual/Corporate IT training provider, Vinsys is also admired as the top Red Hat learning partner. Its unmatchable offerings, accredited instructors, customizable skilling programs, and round-the-clock learner support ensure the most detailed upskilling experiences, a must for capitalizing on valuable containerized application opportunities.