If you go through the survey, you will come across a massive change in businesses and organizations work. With the world getting computerized, there has been an introduction of remote computing service, also known as a cloud computing platform. Hence the need for cloud professionals is increasing enormously.
AWS, which stands for Amazon Web Service, is taking the establishment by storm. To take up this AWS career, you need to be efficiently trained in the field, but before that, you need to qualify a few interviews.
If you are looking forward to establishing a career in the AWS, Keep in mind that you will be pleased to know that your chances have arrived. AWS training and certification will give you the required skill and knowledge you will be pleased to know that your chances have arrived.
So if you are eager to excel your career in AWS, here are some of the aws scenario-based questions that test the gravity of your knowledge and application. Go ahead, have a look at some of the AWS interview questions and answers mentioned below:
AWS Interview Questions
1. Explain in depth what AWS is?
AWS stands for Amazon Web Service. It is a group of remote computing services, which is also known as a cloud computing platform. This new dimension of cloud computing is also known as Laas or infrastructure as a service.
2. What are the three varieties of cloud services?
The three different varieties of cloud services include:
3. Define Auto-scaling?
Auto-scaling is an activity that lets you dispatch advanced instances on demand. Moreover, auto-scaling helps you to increase or decrease resource capacity according to the application.
4. What do you mean by AMI?
AMI stands for Amazon Machine Image. It is a kind of template that provides you related information (an operating system, an application server, and applications) that is needed to launch the instance, which is indeed a copy of the AMI working as a virtual server in the cloud. With the help of different AMIs, you can easily launch instances.
5. Can you illustrate the relationship between an instance and AMI?
With the help of just a single AMI, you can launch multiple instances and that to even different types. At the same time, an instance type is characterized by the host computer’s hardware that is utilized for your instance. Each instance provides different computer and memory capabilities. Once the situation is launched, you will find it looking like a traditional host, and you can communicate with it as one would with any computer.
6. What does geo-targeting in CloudFront mean?
Suppose you want your business to produce and show personalized content to the audience based on their geographic location without making any changes to the URL, head straight to geo-targeting. Geo-targeting enables you to create customized content for the group of spectators of a specific geographical area, all by keeping their needs ahead.
Find out our AWS training courses
|AWS Solution |
|24-25 Apr-1-2 May 2021||Online Instructor-led interactive training|
Register to Avail Discount + Additional Benefits, Today Only!
AWS Interview Questions For S3
7. What is AWS S3?
S3 stands for Simple Storage Service. AWS S3 can be utilized to store and get any amount of data at any time and the best part from anywhere on the web. The payment model for S3 is to pay as you go.
8. How can one send a request to Amazon S3?
You can send the request by utilizing the AWS SDK or REST API wrapper libraries.
9. What is a default storage class in S3?
The standard frequency accessed is the default storage class in S3.
10. What different storage classes accessible in Amazon S3?
Storage class that is accessible in Amazon S3 are:
- Amazon S3 standard
- Amazon S3 standard infrequent access
- Amazon S3 reduced repetition storage
- Amazon glacier
11. What are the ways to encipher the data in S3?
Three different methods will let you encipher the data in S3
- Server-side encryption – C
- Server-side encryption – S3
- Server-side encryption – KMS
12.On what grounds the pricing policy of the S3 is decided?
Following factors are taken under consideration while deciding S3:
- Transfer of data
- Storage that is utilized
- Number of requests made
- Transfer acceleration
- Storage management
13. What are the different types of routing policies that are available in Amazon route S3?
The various types of routing policies available are as follows:
- latency based
14. What is the standard size of an S3 bucket?
The maximum size of an S3 bucket is five terabytes.
15. Is Amazon S3 an international service?
Yes, Definitely. Amazon S3 is an international service. Its main objective is to provide an object storage facility through the web interface, and it utilizes the Amazon scalable storage infrastructure to function its global network.
16. What are the important differences between EBS and S3?
Here we have listed down some of the essential differences between EBS and S3:
- EBS is highly scalable, whereas S3 is less scalable.
- EBS has blocked storage; on the other hand, S3 is object storage.
- EBS works faster than S3, whereas S3 works slower than EBS.
- The user can approach EBS only through the given EC2 instance, but S3 can be accessible by anyone. It is a public instance.
- EBS supports the file system interface, whereas S3 supports the web interface.
17. What is the process to upgrade or downgrade a system that involves near-zero downtime?
With the help of these following steps, one can upgrade or downgrade a system with near-zero downtime:
- Start EC2 console
- Select the AMI operating system
- Open an instance with a recent instance type
- Install the updates
- Install applications
- Analyze the instance to check whether it is working
- If working then expand the new instance and cover it up with the older one
- After it is extended the system with near-zero downtime can be upgraded and downgraded
18. What all is included in AMI?
AMI includes the following:
- A template for the root volume for the instance
- Opening permission
- A block mapping which helps to decide on the capacity to be attached when it gets launched.
19. Are there any tools or techniques available that will help one understand if you are paying more than you should be and how accurate it is?
With the help of these below-mentioned resources, you will know whether the amount you are paying for the resource is accurate or not:
- Check the top services table: You will find this on the dashboard in the cost management console that will display the top five most used services. This will also demonstrate how much you are paying on the resources in question.
- Cost explorer: With the help of cost explorer, you can see and check the usage cost for 13 months. Moreover, know the amount of the next three months too.
- AWS budget: This lets you plan your budget efficiently.
- Cost allocation tags: Get to view that resource that has cost you more in a particular month. Moreover, organize and track your resource as well.
20. Apart from the console, is there any substitute tool available that will help me log into the cloud environment?
- AWS CLI for Linux
- AWS CLI for Windows
- AWS CLI for Windows CMD
- AWS SDK
21. Can you name some AWS services that are not region-specific?
- Route 53
- Web application firewall
22. Can you define EIP?
EIP stands for Elastic IP address. It is a static Ipv4 address that is provided by AWS to administer dynamic cloud computing services.
Checkout Other Popular Categories As Well
- Announcements (23)
- Autodesk (2)
- AWS (5)
- Cybersecurity (12)
- Employee Stories (1)
- IT Governance (2)
- IT Service Management (11)
- Project Management (25)
- Quality Management (8)
- Soft Skills (12)
AWS Interview Questions For VPC
23. What is VPC?
VPC stands for Virtual Private cloud. VPC enables you to open AWS resources into the world of virtual networks. With its help, network configuration, as per the users’ business requirements, can be build-up and personalized.
24. Illustrate some security products and features that are available in VPC?
- Security groups: This plays the role of the firewall for the EC2 instances and helps to control inbound and outbound traffic at the instance grade.
- Network access control lists: This represents the role of the firewall for the subnets and helps control inbound and outbound traffic at the subnet grade.
- Flow logs: Flow logs help apprehend incoming and the outbound traffic from the network interfaces in your VPC.
25. How can an Amazon VPC be monitored?
One can control VPC by using the following:
- CloudWatch and CloudWatch logs
- VPC flow logs
26. How many subnets can one have as per VPC?
One can have up to 200 subnets per VPC
27. Provide the default table that we get when one sets up AWS VPC?
The list of default tables are as follows:
- Network ACL
- Security group
- Route table
28. How can security to your VPC be controlled?
One can utilize security groups, network access controls (ACLs), and flow logs to administer your AWS VPC security.
29. Does the property of the broadcast or multicast be backed up by Amazon VPC?
No. As of now, Amazon VPI does not provide any support for broadcast or multicast process.
30. Explain the difference between a Domain and a Hosted Zone?
This is the frequently asked question.
A domain is a collection of data describing a self-contained administrative and technical unit. For example www.vinsys.com is a domain and a general DNS concept.
A hosted zone is a container that holds information about how you want to route traffic on the internet for a specific domain. For example fls.vinsys.com is a hosted zone.
31. What are NAT gateways?
NAT stands for Network Address Translation. NAT enables instances to associate in a private subnet with the help of the internet and other AWS services. Furthermore, NAT prohibits the internet from having a connection with the instances.
32. How many buckets can be set-up in AWS by default?
You can build-up up to 100 buckets in each AWS account by default.
33. How is SSH agent forwarding set-up so that you do not have to copy the key every time you log in?
Here are the steps to achieve the set-up for this:
- Go to PuTTY configuration
- Log in to category SSH — Auth
- Allow SSH agent forwarding to your instance.
AWS Interview Questions for Amazon EC2
34. What are the different varieties of EC2 instances based on their expenditure?
The three varieties of EC2 instances based on their cost are:
- On-demand instance: This comes in a lesser amount but is not recommended for long term use.
- Spot instance: This is not much expensive and can be purchased through bidding.
- Reserved instance: This one is recommended for those who are planning to utilize an instance for a year or more.
35. What is the best security practice for Amazon EC2?
Go through the following steps for secure Amazon EC2 best practice:
- Utilize AWS identity and access management to control access to your AWS resource.
- Forbid access by enabling only trusted hosts or networks to access ports on your instance.
- Analyze the rules in your security groups regularly.
- Open only permission that you need
- Stop passport login, for instance, opened from your AMI
36. What are the steps to configure CloudWatch to reclaim EC2 instance?
Here are the steps that will help you restore EC2 instance:
- Set up an alarm with the help of Amazon CloudWatch
- In the alarm, go to Define alert and go to the action tab
- Select recover this instance option
Other Important AWS Interview Questions
37. What are the various types of AMI designs?
The types are
- Completely baked AMI
- Slightly baked AMI (JeOS AMI)
- Hybrid AMI
38. How can a user gain access to a specific bucket?
One needs to cover the below-mentioned steps to gain access:
- Classify your instances
- Elaborate on how licensed users can administer the specific server
- Lockdown your tags
- Attach your policies to IAM users
39. How can a current instance be added to a new Autoscaling group?
Have a look at the steps how you can add an existing instance to a new auto-scaling group:
- Launch EC2 console
- Under instances select your instance
- Select the action, instance setting and attach to the auto-scaling group
- Choose a new auto-scaling group
- Adhere to this group to the instance
- If needed edit the instance
- After you are done, you can add the instance to a new auto-scaling group successfully.
40. What is SQS?
SQS stands for Simple Queue Service. SQS administers the message queue service. Either you can move the data or message from one application to another even though it is not in an active state. With the help of SQS, one can be sent between multiple services.
41. What are the types of queues in SQS?
There are two types of queues in SQS:
- Standard Queues: This type of queue provides a limitless number of transactions per second. Standard Queue is a default queue type.
- FIFO Queues: FIFO queues ensure that the order of messages is received and is strictly conserved in the precise order that they sent.
42. What are the different types of instances available?
Below we have mentioned the following types of instances that are available:
- Storage optimize
- Accelerated computing
43. What aspects need to be considered while migrating to Amazon Web Services?
Have a look at the aspects that need to be taken into consideration:
- Operational amount
- Workforce Capacity
- Cost evasion
- Operational facility
- Business quickness
44. What are the components of an AWS CloudFormation template?
YAML or JSON are the two AWS Cloud formation templates that consist of five essential elements.
- Template framework
- Output values
- Data tables
- File format version
45. What are the key pairs in AWS?
Secure logs in information for your virtual machine are key pairs. To associate with the instances, you can utilize the key pairs, which consist of a public key and private key.
46. How many Elastic IPs are granted you to set up by AWS?
VPC Elastic IP addresses are granted for each AWS account.
47. What are the advantages of auto-scaling?
Here are the various advantages of auto-scaling:
- Autoscaling provides fault tolerance
- Provides much-improved availability
- Better cost management policy.
48. How can old snapshots be auto-deleted?
Have a look at the steps to auto-delete old snapshots:
- For best practices snapshots needs to be taken of EBS volumes on Amazon S3
- AWS Ops automaton is utilized to handle all the snaps naturally
- This lets you set up, copy and delete Amazon EBS snapshots.
49. What are the varieties of load balancers in AWS?
You will come across three types of load balancers in AWS:
- Application load balancer
- Network load balancer
- Classic load balancer
50. Are there any different AWS IAM divisions that one can control?
With the help of AWS IAM, you can do the following:
- Build up and administer IAM users
- Build up and conduct IAM groups
- Administer the security accreditation of the users
- Build up and apply policies to provide access to AWS services and resources
51. What do you mean by subnet?
A subnet is a larger section of IP addresses that is divided into pieces.
52. What is the portrayal of AWS CloudTrail?
Cloud trail is a specifically framed tool that is used for logging and tracking API calls. It is also used to analyze all S3 bucket accesses.
53. Illustrate Amazon Elastic Cache?
A web service that is used to make deployments easily accessible, scale, and store data in the cloud is known as Amazon ElasticCache.
54. What are the types of AMI that are provided by AWS?
The following types of AMI provided by AWS are as follows:
- Instance store backed
- EBS backed
55. What is the duration taken by the boot time for the instance stored backed AMI?
The duration for the boot time for an Amazon instance store blackened AMI is less than 5 minutes.
56. Do you require an internet gateway to utilize peering connections?
EBS volumes cannot be connected to multiple instances. But you can compare various EBS volumes to a single case.
57. What are the different types of Cloud services?
The different types of cloud services are:
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Data as a service (DaaS)
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
58. Can you state some important features of the Amazon cloud search?
The essential features of Amazon cloud search are:
- Boolean searches
- Prefix searches
- Range searches
- Entire text search
- AutoComplete advice
59. Is vertical scaling allowed in Amazon instance?
Yes. Vertical estimation can be scaled in Amazon instance.
60. What are the different layers of cloud architecture, as is explained in AWS training?
Here are the different types of layers of cloud architecture:
- Cloud controller
- Cluster controller
- Storage controller
- Node controller
61. What do you mean by Cloud Watch?
Cloud watching is an administration tool that is available in Amazon web services. With the assistance of a cloud watch, one can administer various resources of the organization. You can easily look at multiple things like health, applications, and networks.
62. Can you provide few examples of the DB engine that is utilized in AWS RDS?
Here that the examples of DB engine that is used in AWS RDS:
- Maria DB
- Oracle DB
- MS-SQL DB
- MYSQL DB
- Postgre DB
63. Is region based services on all services get supported by Amazon?
No. Region, specific service on all services, is not provided and supported by Amazon. However, most of the services are region-specific.
64. Which is the cheapest AWS region?
The US standard is the cheapest region, but it is also the most established AWS region.
65. What are the advantages of AWS?
One of AWS’s main advantages is that it provides services to its users at extremely low cost. The service is easy to utilize, and the users should not think and worry about the security factor, servers, and databases. It comes with several benefits that make the users depend upon them easily.
66. Which service would you utilize if you need to perform real-time administration of AWS services and get actionable insights?
Amazon Cloud Watch is the service that one can utilize.
67. Is AWS RDS available for free?
Yes. It is. It is a free tier. RDS is used by the AWS customers, to begin with, the management database service in the cloud for free.
68. State the difference between block storage and file storage?
Block storage works at a lower grade and helps to administer the data asset of blocks, whereas file storage functions at a higher level in the form of file or folders.
Above aws scenario-based interview questions for experienced and for freshers are just some of the examples that you can come across while appearing for big IT companies like TCS, cognizant, Infosys aws interview questions.
Vinsys is AWS Authorized Training Partner In India
Check Out the Various AWS Training & certifications or connect with us to know which is most suitable to you.
While AWS allows you to soar through the Amazon clouds, you might also want to know what happens with the data that is created as a result of your computing functions. While you are busy coding and computing, you cannot even imagine the huge amounts of data generated.
Data science is an extremely demanding area of expertise that will probably conquer the market in the coming years. Tableau is one of the powerful data analytics & visualization tools that are rapidly spreading its roots into practically every industry. Obviously, Tableau professionals are in great demand and are offered lucrative financial benefits.
If you already know what Tableau is, you might want to prepare yourself with well-researched Tableau Interview Questions.
Get more information about AWS and Data Science courses and connect with us for respective certification courses.